Friday, December 23, 2011

Eggnog Cream Pie

This was the Pie I made for our Anniversary/Christmas dinner! It's absolutely delicious (if you like eggnog that is!) And it's very easy to make! 




Eggnog Cream Pie
Yields 1 Pie plus enough for 4 small dishes for a dessert
Ingredients: 
2 boxes Instant Vanilla Puddings
2 C. Eggnog
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
2 C. Heavy Whipping Cream, Whipped
1 Graham Cracker Crust
Sprinkles, Strawberry or Raspberry Preserves(melted), optional
Mix together Vanilla Pudding, Eggnog and nutmeg until thickened and leave to soft set (not in the refrigerator) while you whip the Whipping Cream till it has stiff peaks. Then fold the Whipping Cream into the Eggnog Pudding mixture and pour into the Graham Cracker Crust. 
To use the remainder: Crumble Graham Crackers into a small ramekin and top with a couple large spoonfuls of filling and sprinkle with nutmeg and sprinkles if desired. Serve cold. 
ENJOY! 

My hubby and I and my parents sure enjoyed this pie, however it is rich! I tweaked the original recipe and made it my own so you can feel free to tweak it yourself and make it your own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment